CITY OF MARENGO
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules of conduct are intended to provide pool patrons with a safe and enjoyable place to swim. Enjoy yourself and come back often.
- Hours of Operation: The Marengo Municipal Swimming Pool hours are 12:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. The City of Marengo reserves the right to adjust hours at its discretion. The Pool Manager will make the decision whether to stay open or not.
- Pool Closings. If the air temperature outside is less than 70 degrees or the weather conditions are unfavorable, the Pool Manager may close the pool until there is a break in the weather upon his/her judgment. If there are less than ten swimmers in the pool, the pool may close unless the Pool Manager anticipates more swimmers later. The City of Marengo reserves the right to close the pool at any time for any reason.
- Guard Rotation and Breaks. There will be 4 lifeguards on duty at all times when the pool is open to the public. One lifeguard will occupy the chair at the shallow end, one lifeguard will occupy the chair at the deep end, one lifeguard will walk the pool deck, and one lifeguard will staff the guard shack. Lifeguards will rotate positions every 25 minutes. A 20 minute break will be taken at 2:20 p.m. and 5 p.m. During break times, only lifeguards will be allowed to swim in the pool. A minimum of two lifeguards will remain on duty during breaks.
- Pool Admissions Everyone, except those children 4 and under, and currently employed pool staff will pay admission to the swimming pool. Please use sound judgment when sending young children to the pool without a parent/guardian. Lifeguards reserve the right to refuse admission to and/or ask anyone to leave that they feel is not being properly supervised. Family tickets are for immediatefamily members For example, mother and father and dependent children. NO REFUNDS ON DAILY ADMISSIONS OR SEASON TICKETS
5. 2016 Fees
FAMILY PASS - Within the School District $115.00
Outside the School District $130.00
SINGLE PASS – Within School District $60.00
Outside the School District $75.00
PUNCH CARD – 10 Punches $35.00
ALL DAILY TICKETS $4.00
- Pool Phone Use. Arrangements for picking up children should be made before arriving at the pool. The telephone is for Emergency use Only. This includes incoming calls. Any personal calls for pickup or otherwise will be made by the person in charge of the guardhouse.
- Bicycles All bicycles are to be parked in or close to the bike racks. Do not ride bicycles on the sidewalks
- Pool personnel. Pool personnel and City staff only are permitted in the Guard House and Sugar Shak. Fundraising groups, on their designated day, will also be allowed in the Sugar Shak. Do not talk unnecessarily to the lifeguards while they are on duty. Exit the water immediately as soon as you hear a long whistle blast. Lifeguards’ instructions and directives are to be followed without harassment.
- Allowable attire. Swimwear is required for swimmers (suits/trunks). Swim diapers are required for those children that are not toilet-trained.
- Showers . A thorough shower is required before swimming.
- Illness. Anyone with a communicable illness will not be admitted to the pool. Anyone experiencing diarrhea within the last 24 hours will not be admitted to the pool.
- Deep End Requirements Each swimmer must be able to swim across and back the width of the deep end of the pool adequately for any lifeguard before being permitted into the deep end. A list of those swimmers that have met the deep end swimming requirements will be kept in the pool house. Diving and free swim will be allowed in the deep end at the deep end lifeguard’s discretion. Under no circumstances will diving and free swim be allowed together at the same time. Diving will only be allowed to one person at a time, including parents holding children.
- Horseplay, etc. Running, loitering, towel fighting, shoving or throwing is not allowed on pool deck or in the bathhouse area. Splashing, dunking or other "horseplay" is not allowed. Spitting or nose blowing in the pool is strictly forbidden. Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Items not allowed: Gum, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, glass containers of any kind, and weapons of any kind will not be allowedon the pool grounds.
- DIVING BOARD:
Ø One person on the diving board (including the ladder) at any time. Parents will not be allowed to dive with children.
Ø Parents will not be allowed to catch children off the board
Ø Wait for area to clear before diving into the water.
Ø Dive straight off the end of the board.
Ø Exit the water at the nearest ladder.
Ø No swimming under the boards or in the diving area.
Ø No hanging under the boards.
Ø No life jackets or other flotation devices allowed when diving from boards.
- In the pool. Do not hang or gather around the ladders. Do not hang or swim on the ropes. Do not play with any rescue equipment. Do not harass lifeguards. NO DIVING IN THE SHALLOW END. No back flips from the side of the pool.
- Concessions. Beverage machines are located at the pool for patrons’ convenience. Patrons will be allowed to bring coolers and food (please see item #14 for items prohibited) into the pool, however all coolers will be subject to examination by the pool manager/head guard. In addition, coolers and food must remain in the bathouse or in the designated food area of the pool.
- Lost and Found. There is a lost and found located in the guard shack. Please contact any lifeguard if you have found something or are missing anything. There are baskets available, free of charge, for those that wish to keep items in the guardhouse. THE MARENGO MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL, ITS PERSONNEL, AND THE CITY OF MARENGO ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
- Vandalism. ANYONE CAUGHT VANDALIZING OR DESTROYING POOL FACILITIES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE POOL SEASON. This applies to pool patrons and pool staff.